Become a Zero Waste Associate
The Zero Waste Associate program provides individuals with an in-depth understanding of peer-reviewed and internationally accepted Zero Waste practices and policies.
It is open to all individuals looking to take their Zero Waste knowledge to the next level, and learn how to advocate for, as well as implement internationally accepted Zero Waste policies and practices within decision-making situations. More specifically, this program will review how to incorporate Zero Waste policies and practices at the facility level.
If you’re an individual looking to get hired, a consultant looking to assist a client through the certification process, or a facility representative looking to certify your own facility, this course pathway is for you.
Whether a small business or community center, a large complex or venue, whether you represent a public, private, or non-profit institution, any facility can work towards Zero Waste!
- Self-run course: you can go through the program material at your own pace, based on your own schedule and learning process
- Pre-Requisites: Zero Waste Fundamentals – Access to the Zero Waste Associate course is granted only to those who have successfully completed the Zero Waste Fundamentals course
- Zero Waste Canada (ZWC) Official Certificate of completion
- Zero Waste Associate Designation awarded after successful completion of the course and final case study assessment
- Eligibility to move to other sector-specific courses offered
Please note that in order to maintain the ZWA designation the Zero Waste Associate will be required to submit a renewal fee and case study pertaining to their current work or latest experience every 3 years.