Zero Waste Canada and the Queensborough Special Programs Committee would like to invite you to take part in the Queensborough Shoreline Cleanup on Saturday, Sept 22, 2018.
Zero Waste Canada will also staff a booth at the event to educate about waste reduction.
The theme of this shoreline cleanup is BYOB—Bring Your Own Bucket!
▪ BYOB—Bring your own BUCKET to pick up trash (instead of using a plastic bag).
▪ Bring your own REUSABLE CUP (instead of using a single-use plastic or paper cup).
▪ Bring your own REUSABLE GLOVES (instead of using disposable latex gloves).
Bring a hat, sunscreen, boots, and don’t forget your reusable cup. Refreshments will be provided. Come as a group or join a team: Garbage pickup, invasive removal, displays and bird habitat installation.
For the first time, the cleanup will take place on Saturday to allow individuals with ongoing Sunday commitments the opportunity to attend.
Together we can take action to achieve these goals:
▪ Show our love for the Fraser River and the plants and animals that live there
▪ Clean up the mess created by human activities
▪ Take action to reduce our plastic waste
▪ Make a difference
▪ Connect with other active citizens
The Queensborough Special Programs Committee (QSPC) is looking forward to seeing you at this event.
▪ Meet: Thompsons Landing Park on S. Dyke Road, between Boundary Rd and Dockside Ct.
▪ Sign in 9:30 a.m. Group photo 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept 22, 2018
Finally, please let us know that you are attending, by registering here: https://www.shorelinecleanup.ca/cleanups/4jemg